Who can buy at Alko?
- A 20-year-old can buy all alcoholic beverages.
- 18–19-year-olds can buy alcoholic beverages with a maximum 22% alcohol content.
IDs accepted by Alko (issued by the police)
- driving licence
- photo identity card
Social insurance cards with photo, student cards and military IDs are not suitable ID documents at Alko shops.
We do not sell alcoholic beverages
- to a person who is acting disturbingly or is clearly inebriated.
- if there is a justified reason to suspect abuse or illicit delivering of alcoholic beverages to an underaged or inebriated person.
If you are buing alcoholic beverages for others, also they must comply with the above rules for purchases.
Please note also
- If you are under 25 years of age, please show your ID on your own initiative, do so even if you are in a group buying alcoholic beverages together. Every member in the group must be of age if they wish to make purchases at Alko.
- A person buying alcoholic beverages must be prepared to tell our staff whether he or she is bying for his or her own consumption or for someone else's. If our sales staff suspect that the alcoholic beverages are being bought for someone who is underage, they are legally obliged to refuse to sell.
- If you are underage you can buy wine related gift items and newspapers at Alko. The Price List, however, is meant for customers who have reached the legal age to buy alcoholic beverages. Moreover, you must be at least 18 years of age to be able to buy an Alko Gift Card.
Please see our video Ground Rules for Purchases >