Responsible purchasing in Alko is based on the UN's compacts and initiatives as well as other relevant internationally recognized conventions and directives. With the focus on the procurement of alcoholic beverages, the aim is to create operative and follow-up principles through which it is possible to influence ethical practices of the suppliers of alcoholic beverages and draw attention to the principles of sustainable development.
In order to effectively conduct due diligence and monitoring program Alko annually gathers detailed information behind all our products. For this reason, we are sent out this questionnaire (attached) to understand and to update the supply chains (product’s physical journey from the raw material into a bottled product).
Please fill in all information requested into the attached Excel-sheet as follows:
1. Information for all the products that are in Alko’s general selection or has been purchased into Alko’s general selection AND has a country of origin mentioned in the attachment.
2. Please don’t forget to mention Alko’s product number. For the new products that don’t yet have a product number, please leave the space empty.
3. Information of producer’s possible certifications, audits done and the validation of an audit.
4. Farms-section is for the farms used in the last harvest for the product. The area that is usually most exposed to risks is the primary production part.
Make sure the filled producer information is really the “actual” producer (e.g. crushing grapes - making the wine or distilling the rum) or is the information for the bottling facility or even for the brand owner. Write the information to the correct sections on the questionnaire.
- Excel-sheet provided cannot be and shouldn’t be modified. Also note that we have updated the questionnaire (old version is no longer applicable).
- Check carefully the list of origins. New countries have been added in the list (updated from last year).
- The questionnaire shall be filled every year.
This message has been published only in English to be used when communicating directly with producers and their sub-suppliers.
Please submit the requested information before 16 August 2019 to Alko Responsible Purchasing e-mail email@example.com
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org