Our operations cause environmental impacts of which the most relevant ones take place in the supply chain in primary production, more specific agriculture, international as well as domestic logistics, energy and heat consumption in the stores and the head office and in the production and recycling of product packaging.
Environmental aspects guide our operations in many ways. For example:
- Our assortment contains environmentally certified products.
- We co-operate with other retail chains in product packaging recycling.
- In the stores we sort packaging and other waste materials and direct them to recycling.
- We re-use logistics materials (pallets, cartons, crates).
- We reduce logistics emissions domestically by combining lots from different warehouses into same shipments.
- We save energy by e.g. switching off unnecessary lights and utilizing LED technology and motion detectors.
- We train and instruct store personnel to consider the environment in all their duties.
- We communicate to our customers about our environmental impacts, eco-friendly product choices and recycling of the product packaging.