Suppliers have a permission to use the ‘click to reach the online shop / siirry tästä alko.fi-verkkokauppaan’ icon in their online advertisements that directs to Alko Online shop. The icon’s role is to be an action button that creates the link to Alko Online shop. The icon cannot be used as a logo or any other element.
The use of the icon cannot create any confusion between the advertising supplier and Alko.
A link (URL) may be created from supplier’s webpage of from the online advert:
- to the product page of Alko Online shop
- to the front page of Alko Online shop.
The ‘click to reach the online shop’ icon should be used to create the link.
- The icon has to be used only as such and any own added illustrations, text or other elements are not allowed. This ensures that the customer understands that the products are purchased in Alko Online shop.
- The size of the icon needs to be reasonable comparing to the advertisement.
- Please find the ‘click to reach the online shop’ icon attached with a white and black layout. The icons are in English, Swedish and Finnish.
It is not allowed to use Alko’s logo without permission.
Consistent and consumer oriented branding
Suppliers have to verify that product advertisement is attached to the real advertiser. This avoids creating wrong images because some of the advertisement are perceived to be made by Alko. Alko wants to ensure successful customer experience for consumers also from the aspect of advertising.
Customers can see products and availability information on alko.fi –pages. When advertising products supplier should consider that delivery times of products from the Alko Online shop can vary and also that products can run out from Alko’s and supplier’s warehouse. Desirable way is that supplier recommends customers to check the availability of a product from alko.fi –pages. The supplier should also ensure that the product availability is sufficient for the duration of their advertising campaign.
N.B. The Alcohol Act prohibits advertising, indirect advertising and other sales promotion of strong alcoholic beverages exceeding 22% alcohol by volume. Should Alko learn that the law is not being followed, Alko informs the supplier of the offenses. If illegal links are created, Alko may remove the product from Alko Online shop.