Please see further information on the course below and in the attachment. Registrations via amfori Academy.
Equalitas/amfori: Introduction to Sustainable Wine
Level: Introductory / Practical
Audience: General managers of wine producing facilities (wineries) in Italy
- Day 1: Social management system and good practices with suppliers
- Day 2: Responsible recruitment and good practices with employees
Understand a continuum of practices, from fundamental to 'going the extra mile'.
- Understand that sustainability has three equally relevant dimensions: social, economic, environmental and why sustainability is relevant for wineries and for buyers
- Become familiar with management practices and procedures necessary to protect workers’ rights and promote good socio-economic practices
- Specifically understand risks that abuses of migrant, casual and seasonal workers pose for their business and reputation in overseas markets
- Become familiar with the due diligence practices required to manage risk in the recruitment processes, specifically for migrant, casual and seasonal workers
- Understand that EQUALITAS and amfori BSCI support wineries to improve their social performance and communicate it to buyers