In order to proceed with this project, Alko gathers supply chain information from products that are produced in Southern Spain. This concerns wines in Alko’s general selection from the following areas:
- La Mancha
The purpose of Alko’s Sustainability Assessments is to map social and environmental risks in areas that are not officially among amfori’s risk countries, but where possible higher risks can still be identified e.g. due to considerable immigration flows. Sustainability Assessments are a way to softly assess levels of risks in these kinds of areas and they also function as pre-assessments for actual amfori BSCI audits. These assessments are conducted by an external consultant chosen by Alko and they are based on amfori’s ethical principles. Assessment are free of charge for the producers as well as importers, and the producer will receive a written report afterwards. More information will be provided in Alko’s Supplier Event in May 2019.
Gathering supply chain information is part of Alko’s annual due diligence process. Information from Southern Spain is exceptionally gathered earlier due to the pilot project this year. Please note that the supply chain mappings shall be submitted by a precise Excel form, please use the Excel sheet attached. Please submit the requested information latest by 26 April 2019 to Alko Responsible Purchasing e-mail email@example.com
- All information regarding one product shall be written on one row (e.g. please write all certificates the may have on one cell, not on several rows)
- Please don’t forget to mention Alko’s product number.
- Information of producer’s possible certifications, audits done and the validation of an audit are important. Please also give the valid until -date.
- Farms-section is for the farms used in the last harvest for the product.
- Make sure the filled producer information is really the “actual” producer (e.g. crushing grapes - making the wine) or is the information for the bottling facility or even for the brand owner. Write the information to the correct sections on the questionnaire.
Note: Excel-sheet provided should not be modified!
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to related earlier bulletin from 2018: https://www.alko.fi/en/alko-inc/for-suppliers/news-and-information/2018/request-for-supply-chain-information-by-15-8-2018